According to recent report from BGR, Apple is going to release an update for iOS 4.3 within couple of weeks. BGR suggested that the reason Apple is releasing this update is to fix several bugs and patching iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability. The jailbreak vulnerability which Apple is looking to fix with this update is the one found by Charlie Miller in iOS 4.2.1 Mobile Safari at PWN2Own.
Expected change-log of iOS 4.3.1:
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability
If the rumor turns out to be true then it is advised that jailbreakers and unlockers do not update to iOS 4.3.1 since it includes baseband updates and jailbreak patch.